16 May 2014
Recipe - Serves 6
Preparation Time: 25 min, plus chilling and cooling
Cooking time: 25 min
For the Ganache
1. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and icing sugar together into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and gently mix together, then add the vanilla and combine to form a smooth dough. Cover with clingfilm and leave to rest in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 170°C)/375°F/gas mark 5. Lightly grease a 24cm diameter tart tin.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and carefully use to line the tin.Cover with ovenproof clingfilm and prick a few holes to avoid pockets of air while it bakes. Fill the pastry case with baking beans and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the clingfilm and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. To make the ganache, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the surface of the water does not touch the bowl. Meanwhile, put the cream into a saucepan and heat until steaming hot, but do not let it boil. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and slowly pour in the cream, gently stirring the mixture. Add the vanilla, then the butter and stir together.
5. Pack the cooled pastry case with raspberries, saving a few for decoration. Pour the hot chocolate ganache over the raspberries to fill to the top of the pastry. Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Serve decorated with the reserved raspberries dusted with a little icing sugar.
Sign up for the Chocolate Tier newsletter It's FREE!